There is one particular food that will keep you burning fat and gaining muscle faster. One of the most common question patients, friends and strangers ask me is: “What do you eat to stay lean?”
It is important that this food is eaten regularly so it must be convenient. Including this food in your diet can help you win the battle with even the most difficult challenges in fat loss. This food is protein, primarily whey protein from natural, organic sources. Protein is made of up branch chain amino acids which are the fundamental building blocks of muscle development. The more pure your protein source is, the more effectively your body will be able to perform its task of daily metabolizing fat.
Besides working out, the number one success factor for leanness is regular and high levels of protein intake. Every 2-3 hours of wakefulness should include a serving of protein. Protein should be ingested at regular intervals throughout the day in order to fuel muscles and support metabolism. One grams of protein per pound of lean muscle mass is a great goal for anyone starting out on a fat loss diet. If you have 100 pounds of lean muscle mass and are awake from 7am-10pm a good goal would equate to a schedule as seen below. A goal of 16-17 grams of protein 6 times a day would provide your muscles with consistent and regular fuel throughout the day while optimizing fat metabolizing.
Goal: 100 grams of protein per day
7:00am: 16-17 grams of protein
10:00am: 16-17 grams of protein
1:00pm: 16-17 grams of protein
4:00pm: 16-17 grams of protein
7:00pm: 16-17 grams of protein
10:00pm: 16-17 grams of protein ( yes, even before bed!)
Whey protein shakes are an incredible benefit to anyone trying to lower calories, carbohydrates or fats while increasing protein. Whey protein shakes are especially beneficial for meeting fat loss goals because:
- University studies have shown whey users in case studies lose 6.1% more body fat that non-users and have better success with muscle preservation.
- Other studies have revealed that whey users increase fat free body mass and increase muscle strength faster than those on a placebo.
- It reduces levels of ghrelin (a hormone that signals the brain when it is hungry) for up to four hours after whey consumption.
If these reasons aren’t enough to make you jump up and hug me, keep in mind the other studies that show:
- It raises serotonin (the happiness hormone), reduces the cortisol concentration ( which is linked to the retention of abdominal fat) and improves mood under stress.
- It strengthens your immune system.
- Whey protein has even been proven to help fight several common forms of cancer like colon and prostate.
Try these protein sources throughout your day to meet your personal goal for protein intake.
To meet your goals faster get started with your personalized fat burning nutrition plan today!
Before April 1st you can get your program and full access with this link for only $2 a month.