“ Now's your chance to inspire the masses. ”
1. COMPETITION: Body Spartan presents the 2016 "Body Spartan Search," open to all males and females over the age of 18, residing in the United States (excludes Puerto Rico and US territories and protectorates), who possess a valid US driver's license or other form of identification, are citizens of the US and who think they have what it takes to be selected to represent Body Spartan as the ultimate Body Spartan physique.
2. PROMOTERS: Body Spartan, Inc. (the "Promoter").
3. SPONSORS: Body Spartan (the "Sponsor").
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is open to all males and females over the age of 18 at time of entry residing in the United States (excludes Puerto Rico and US territories and protectorates), who possess a valid US driver's license or other form of identification, are citizens of the US, 18 years old, and residing in the United States as of the date of their entry ("Entrant"). All Entrants must complete an Entry Form on the Body Spartan website ("Website") and include the Required Photographs ("Entry").
Employees of Promoter, Sponsor, their parent companies, subsidiaries, or any family member or person domiciled with any of the foregoing, are not eligible to participate. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations of the United States apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in ineligibility of Entrant.
5. JUDGING CRITERIA: The top twenty (20) finalists (ten (10) men and ten (10) women) will be selected by a judging panel comprised of Promoter's employees. Judging is based on photos and video responses submitted by each qualified Entrant (the "Finalists"). The judging panel will be looking for individuals who display above average physique transformation results, balance, tone, and also taking into consideration the Entrant’s success story ("Judging Criteria").
6. PRIZES: One (1) male Entrant and one (1) female Entrant will be selected based on the Judging Criteria from the twenty (20) Finalists to: (a) participate in a future all expense paid trip to California to (a) participate in a Body Spartan photo shoot, (d) receive a one-year supply of Body Spartan supplements (cash value $2,000) and (c) $1,000 cash.
7. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, follow the links at Body Spartan to the official entry form, after agreeing to abide by these Official Rules. Only one entry per person will be accepted. If entrant submits more than one entry, the first entry will be accepted and all subsequent entries will be discarded. No altered photographs, photographs taken prior to October 23, 2016, or photographs containing more than one person will be eligible.
Any photographs that, in the sole discretion of the Promoter, are considered to be pornographic, vulgar or obscene, or appear to have been digitally altered, will be rejected.
False, deceptive or incomplete entries, or other misleading information provided by Entrants throughout the Competition (including but not limited to responses to questionnaires) shall render the entry ineligible. The Entrant may submit their Entry Form and Photographs using the above procedures during the period 12:00 a.m. PST October 23, 2016 through December 31, 2016, 11:59 PM MST ("Entry Period") for the preliminary round; late and/or incomplete entries are ineligible. Date of entry during the Entry Period does not affect chances of winning the Competition.
8. HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOS: To enter, Contestant must submit three (3) current photographs in "JPG" (.jpg) format using the instructions provided and depicting: front body view, back body view, body side view, all submissions must include the present day's newspaper with the date clearly showing. All photos must be in JPEG format (and with a file extension of ".jpg"). Please be sure to retain the original photographs, as Finalists may be required to submit the required Photographs in greater resolution. The Promoters reserve the right to contact a person who has entered the Competition ("Entrant") to request resubmission of one or more of the required Photographs, and/or to request that the Entrant submit additional photos, if in Promoter's sole discretion there are problems with the Entrant's initial submission of such required Photographs, or if there are other questions or problems with such entry.
While Entrants may have assistance in entering data and uploading the photos, each Entrant must otherwise complete the entry form him/her self. Any entries submitted by anyone other than the person appearing in the required Photographs (including but not limited to entries submitted by modeling agencies) will be rejected. As set forth in greater detail below, submission of photographs and entry in the Competition constitutes consent to use the required Photographs on the Website, and/or associated or otherwise-affiliated websites.
9. PHOTO REQUIREMENTS: Entrants must provide at least two (2) "before" photos taken with a current newspaper (full body front, full body side) and two (2) "after" photos (same criteria) to be entered into the contest. A newspaper is used to ensure photos are indeed current. The "before" photos must have been taken within the time frame October 23, 2016 through December 31, 2016. Any images that include nudity will be rejected. The Entrant must own the copyright to the photos, or the Entrant will be required to have the copyright owner (a professional photographer, for example) complete a Copyright Release. Promoter will assist Entrant with a Copyright Release, if needed, but Entrant must contact Promoter for assistance. Copyright owner will not receive a byline, photographer recognition or payment from the Promoter or Sponsor.
10. SELECTION: Preliminary Judging: Commencing on or about March 15, 2017, and concluding on March 31, 2017 11:59:59 PM Pacific Standard Time. At the conclusion of the Judging Period, the Promoter shall determine, at their sole discretion, the ten (10) male Entrants and ten (10) female Entrants qualifying to be finalists in the final competition. The judges will be looking for those who above average physique transformation results, balance, tone, and also taking into consideration the Entrant’s success story.
In the event that any Entrant is determined to be ineligible or withdraws from the Competition after the conclusion of the voting round, they will be disqualified and the Promoter shall have the right, but not the obligation, to substitute the Entrant that received the next highest number of votes during the voting round to replace disqualified Entrant. Potential Finalists will be contacted via e-mail or telephone.
Potential Finalists must respond to such contact within forty-eight (48) hours (or a longer period, as determined at Promoter's sole discretion), confirming that they will be able to attend a video and/or photo shoot in April 2017. Any Potential Finalist who does not respond, or who is unable to attend the video/photo shoot, will be disqualified, and another Potential Finalist may be selected.
Finalists may be required to re-submit the required Photographs in a different format, including but not limited to a high-resolution JPEG file or photographic print, or, at the sole discretion of the Promoter, may be required to submit additional photographs. Any Finalist who is unable to submit photographs that, at the sole discretion of the Promoter, are suitable for publication on the Website shall be disqualified.
Failure to comply with these requirements, or inability to contact the Potential Finalists at the e-mail address and/or telephone number provided for more than forty-eight (48) hours occurring during March 31, 2017 - April 7, 2017, will result in ineligibility of Finalist. Finalists will be announced publicly on April 15, 2017.
The two (2) 1st place Winners ("Winners") will be determined by the judging panel. Judges' decisions are final.
In the event that a Winner is determined to be ineligible or withdraws from the Competition, the Promoters reserve the right to select another Winner. Taxes, insurance, personal expenses, gratuities, incidental charges, or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules are Winner's sole responsibility.
No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for any prizes will be permitted, except at Promoter's sole discretion, and may be made due to unavailability of prizes for any reason, including but not limited to cancellation, scheduling conflicts, or force majeure. Any remaining components of the prize will be awarded and the Promoter's obligation to the Winners will be fulfilled, and no additional compensation will be provided. Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
11. GENERAL: The Competition is governed by the laws of the state of California. By entering, Entrants/Winners agree:
a. to release the Promoter and Sponsor and their agents from all liability, loss, or damage arising out of or relating to the participation of Entrants/Winners in the Competition, including with respect to their acceptance and use/misuse of the prizes;
b. to be bound by these Official Rules;
c. that the decisions of the Promoter/Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Competition; and
d. to the use of their names, personal information and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide (including the Internet) without additional compensation, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Winners may be issued an IRS 1099 tax form for the actual value of their prize. Promoter and Sponsor accept no responsibility for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority. All Winners must submit an Affidavit of Eligibility / Release of Liability / Prize Acceptance Form immediately upon being chosen. If any prize or affidavit or release is returned to Promoters as undeliverable or if Promoter does not receive a response from any Winner within seven (7) business days of attempted notification, such Winner may be disqualified and such prize will be awarded to an Alternate Winner. Noncompliance with these Official Rules shall result in disqualification and potential award of prizes to an alternate Winner.
By accepting prizes, Winners consent to and acknowledge that Promoter may use the Winner's name, image (including but not limited to photographs, videos and other likenesses), biographical information and statements concerning the Competition, without compensation, in connection with advertising, promotion and merchandising. Winners irrevocably grant the right to edit or modify and to publish and copyright the foregoing.
By accepting a prize, Winners agree to hold Promoter, Sponsor, and their managers, employees, agents, licensees, successors, and assigns harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of any and all prizes. Promoter and Sponsor do not make any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
By participating in the Competition, Entrants agree to hold Promoter, Sponsor, and their managers, employees, agents, licensees, successors, and assigns harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of such participation. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in the Competition. By participating in the Competition, Entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and understand that the Competition results are final in all respects. Entrant is responsible for all online charges incurred by Entrant's Internet Service Provider ("ISP").
12. PERSONAL INFORMATION: Any personal information that the Winner or Entrant submits in connection with the Competition will be collected and used by the Promoter and their authorized agents to administer the Competition and to award prizes. Entrant's personal information may also be used to send additional information about Promoter, Sponsor, their affiliates and licensees, and each of their respective products and programs via electronic and ordinary mail. Except as set forth herein, an Entrant's personal information will not be used for any other purpose and will not be shared with anyone else unless required by law.
13. RELEASE OF LIABILITY & ACCIDENTAL WAIVER: In consideration of the acceptance of Entrant's application and the permission to participate in the 2016 Body Spartan Search Competition presented by Body Spartan, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, Entrant hereby takes action for his/her self, his/her executors, administrators, agents, representatives, spouse, children, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns, and acknowledge and agree as follows:
I am voluntarily participating in the Competition. I am not a minor. I am of sound mind and body, have sufficiently trained for participation in the Competition and have not been advised otherwise by qualified medical personnel. I possess all rights and faculties necessary to execute, deliver and perform as agreed under these Official Rules. I certify that I meet all eligibility requirements as set forth in the Official Rules, which I have read, understand, and agree to.
I certify that all photographs and video footage/tapes I submit for the Competition will depict only me, will not be altered in any manner whatsoever, will be owned by me and not require the consent of any other third party rights holder. I am fully aware and assume the risk of illness, accidents, injury, death, personal injury, bodily harm, emotional stress, psychological harm, property damage and all dangers potentially arising from or in connection with my involvement or participation in the competition ("Hazards").
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment, which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during the Competition. I hereby irrevocably grant the Released Parties, the perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicense able, transferable right, license and privilege to:
i. photograph, film and otherwise make audio and visual records of me and my voice, image and appearance at the Competition ("Recordings"),
ii. quote or paraphrase all of a portion of any statements that I may make before, during or after the Competition ("Statements"),
iii. publish, display and otherwise use my name, image, likeness, voice and biographical data ("Image"); and
iv. publish, exhibit, distribute, transmit, advertise, promote, commercially exploit and otherwise use any of the Recordings, Statements and/or Image in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised.
I hereby irrevocably waive, release, discharge and hold Body Spartan, Facebook, and their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, licensees, sponsors, successors, and assigns ("Released Parties") harmless from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims, costs, damages, demands and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from or in connection with any and all Hazards, whether occurring on or off the premises where the Competition takes place and whether caused by the active or passive negligence of the Released Parties or otherwise, and all uses of the Recordings, Statements, and/or Image, including but not limited to any claims based on the right of privacy, the right of publicity, copyright, trademark, or any other right or privilege.
I acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
I acknowledge that this Release of Liability and Accident Waiver shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. I understand that nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate the Released Parties to photograph or otherwise reproduce my voice, appearance or name, or to make use of any of the rights granted herein.
I represent and warrant that I have carefully read these Official Rules, understand their content, including an assumption of the risk of the negligence of the Released Parties and a waiver and release of the liability of the Released Parties. Furthermore, I acknowledge and agree that the Released Parties are relying on my agreement to be bound by these Official Rules in allowing me to participate in the Competition and that these Official Rules constitutes my sole and entire understanding of the subject matter hereof and supersede any and all prior agreements, promises, proposals, representations, understandings and negotiations, whether written or oral, among the Released Parties and myself with respect to such subject matter.
Any controversy arising under these Official Rules shall be adjudicated before a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction located in Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California. I represent and warrant that, I nor my executors, administrators, agents, representatives, spouse, children, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns shall make or institute any lawsuit or claim any liability, in law or in equity, against any of the Released Parties with respect to any of the Hazards or my participation in the Competition.
Full access to our members area that includes instructional videos and bonus video material.
3 PDF downloads for the Body Spartan Genesis Program. Files open on any device including smart phone, tablets, laptops, and PCs.
Online support from our team of experienced fitness experts. Includes email support, Live Chat support, and social media message support.
The Genesis program really needs a full gym membership. We do have programs that you can do at home though. You next step is going to our online coaching department. Fill out the app at the bottom of the page and let them know you need an in-home workout: https://bodyspartan.com/online-fitness/
The Genesis program is designed more for shredding than anything else. While you will definitely gain lean muscle mass, this definitely isn't a traditional bulking program by any means. Don't expect to be a 280 pound monster in 12-weeks. This is about getting lean and shredded, no matter what weight you're at.
The program will work for you even if you're vegan or vegetarian. You will just need to substitute in acceptable protein sources. We also recommend drinking BCAA's throughout the day. That way, it provides the full amino acid profile for your protein that you are ingesting and you will have a complete protein.
It's a custom formula that we created that will require specifics about your body like your weight, goal weight, age, height, etc. Then, it will calculate your macros and calories per meal. We have a list of approved foods and recipes that can be used to meet those macros. There's a video in the members section where Gabe discusses the nutrition plan in detail. It's called "Nutrition FAQ"
If you've had the program for six weeks and you aren't satisfied with the results so far, please email us at [email protected] and we will happily refund the cost of the program.
We're one of the few that actually offer a full 12-week program for one fee. Most other programs will offer only 30-day or 45-day programs for a similar price OR they will charge you a monthly fee. Our online support is fast and friendly, and our workout plan has proven results and is used by thousands across the world. We also offer the full money back guarantee.
99% of the time, customer questions are answered in the main program PDF. The first thing we tell people is to read the program front to back. DON'T just go to the workouts and the nutrition. The program is meant to be read thoroughly so you have a full understanding of everything. If, after reading the program, you still have questions, we're happy to answer them through our Live Chat support system on the site, or via email at [email protected]
It works with any phone and any device. However, currently the Gym Genius app for tracking your workouts only works on iPhone. That's just a bonus though. You can easily open the PDFs of the worksheets on any phone and look at them in the gym.