If you’re trying to lose weight than you’re most likely in need of some food options that aren’t bland. Here are some low carb recipes to fire up your taste buds.
Most of the low carb food options we will present here at Body Spartan will also have a good amount of fat in them. That’s because we know that a keto diet is one of the most effective low carb diet’s for losing weight. Fat literally incinerates off your body on this low carb, high fat, diet. With under 30 grams of carbs a day, after about a week, your body will start to burn fat for fuel, instead of carbohydrates. The result is a shredded, lean, healthy body.
Low carb recipe for breakfast
This awesome egg breakfast has 60 grams of protein, 38 grams of fat, and trace carbs (less than 10).
What you need:
- 5 whole eggs, scrambled
- 3 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links
- 3 Kirkland Turkey Sausage Strips
- A handful of green beans
- 3 sauce pans
The tricky part is timing and not burning anything. However, if you are attentive, you can easily accomplish this. You’re total cooking time should be about 8 minutes.
In all saucepans, use an olive oil cooking spray to make a nice coat of oil to avoid food sticking to the pan. Then in one saucepan, place the bacon strips and the sausage and use medium-high heat.
In another saucepan, add a thin layer of water at the bottom, then add your green beans and cook on high with a lid. The water will boil and steam the green beans. A little Himalayan sea salt sprinkled on top will give them a nice taste.
Finally, in a third saucepan, add your whole, scrambled eggs. I like to use Himalayan sea salt and pepper on these.
Cook the eggs until scrambled, the bacon and sausage until cooked thoroughly (according to the package instructions – about 8 minutes), and the green beans until the desired texture is achieved. All this can be done in about 8 minutes for each sauce pan.
Serve on a plate together as shown. You can add salsa or Sriracha to your eggs for a little extra taste and/or spice.
Easy low carb dinner recipes
Body Spartan Founder, Gabe Tuft, has several low carb recipes in his book, Body Spartan: Genesis. We’ve selected two of these delicious low carb recipes to help you lose weight and lose body fat.
Like these and want more easy low carb recipes? It’s time to try our Genesis Program!
Our Genesis Shredding Program is a full 12-week program with custom nutrition, workouts, instructional videos, a supplement guide and much much more.
- 1 tasted nori sheet (seaweed)
- ¼ avocado, mashed
- 2 ounces wild smoked salmon (lox)
- 2 slices cucumber
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1/3 cup brown rice
- Place the nori paper on a cutting board.
- Spread or place avocado first.
- Phase 2 only: spread brown rice evenly on nori.
- Next place smoked salmon, cucumber, and green onion on top of previous layers.
- Roll/wrap paper into hand roll.
Makes one serving
Quick-Chick Terryaki (Low carb chicken recipe)
- Lawry’s Teriyaki 30 Min Marinade With Pineapple Juice
- 5 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins (About 8oz)
- Spinach leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup (cooked) brown rice
- Grease frying pan with olive oil spray using Misto Olive Oil Sprayer
- Add ¼ cup water to frying pan and place chicken breasts in pan.
- Cover and cook on HI for 4 minutes each side. Ensure water does not complete evaporate and add as needed so that a thin layer of water is boiling at the bottom of the pan. The steam will help cook the chicken breasts.
- After cooking on both sides and ensuring meat is cooked, drain water from pan and lightly drizzle about 2 Tbsp of the marinade on the chicken. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve over spinach or with side of steamed broccoli or asparagus.
- Phase 2 only: serve with 1 cup brown rice.
Makes one serving
Get all our recipes!
Over 20 recipes accompany this amazing 12-week program. Take advantage of this opportunity and commit to making a change in your physique, and your life today!