WHY, WHEN AND HOW TO EAT SUGAR WITHOUT REPERCUSSIONS
IT’S TIME I SHARED MY SECRET TO ENJOYING SWEETS WITHOUT ANY OF THE REPERCUSSIONS OF SUGAR!
There is a reason to that it can help build muscle, but it must be done in a particular way, in a particular portion and at a particular time in order to avoid harmful repercussions (and fat). Find out how I beat the system!
REASONS TO AVOID SUGAR:
- It is one of the leading causes of obesity. People who consume sugar in their diet regularly are 60% more likely to become obese.
- It can be as addictive as heroine due to the chain reaction it creates in the body.
- The more sugar you eat the more you crave due to the temporary serotonin release.
- Sugar weakens your immune system causing sickness.
- It slows your metabolizing of fat and rapidly encourages additional fat depositing.
- Causes tooth decay (this is a external glimpse of what happens inside)
- There is no physiological need for it.
- As good stewards of our bodies, every bite of food should count for something nutritionally positive, especially on a calorie reduced fat loss diet. Sugar calories have no positive effect on our bodies. Overuse of sugar results in many diseases such as diabetes (due to insulin resistance), heart disease (by raising cholesterol) and even cancer! Cancer is one of the leading causes of death worldwide and is characterized by uncontrolled growth and multiplication of cells. Insulin is one of the key hormones in regulating this sort of growth. For this reason, many scientists believe that having constantly elevated insulin levels (a consequence of sugar consumption) can contribute to cancer.
- It cause joint and “body” pain. The metabolic problems associated with sugar consumption are a known driver of inflammation. This is yet another potential cause of cancer.
- This inflammation caused by excess sugar consumption not only promotes cancer and an array of diseases but also speeds up the aging process! No Bueno! It suppresses the release of human growth hormone (the magical anti-aging hormone produced in your body).It also promotes “advanced glycation or A.G.” which basically throws the aging process into hyper speed.
WHEN THE SUGAR CRAVINGS HIT, HERE ARE THE TOOLS TO GET YOUR FIX WITHOUT THE BACKLASH:
TIMING IS ESSENTIAL.
If the brownie bites are eminent time the consumption directly 15-20 minutes after a workout when your muscle glycogen will be replenishing itself. Your muscles will be gobbling up the glucose and attaching those glucose molecules to the other nutrients that you are consuming at the same time. Mathematical Explanation: Brownie bites + Chicken +Broccoli vitamins/supplements = Increased uptake and delivery of protein, vitamins and minerals (from the chicken and veggies). In other words, when the muscle is hungry for glycogen, sugar will latch onto nutrients consumed and give them a First Class flight to their intended destination. The muscle will only consume a moderate amount of the glucose post workout before it spills over so be sure to only attempt this if on a rare occasion and if you are capable of limiting the amount of brownie bites that you eat in one sitting.
WE MAKE IT THE GOAL IN OUR HOME TO SIMPLY AVOID ANY SUGAR THAT IS NOT FROM EARTH (FRUITS/VEGETABLES) FOR THE REASONS LISTED ABOVE.
We also do so to avoid damaging our baby’s sensitive taste buds with the intense sweetness of sugar which retards a child’s ability to taste the sweetness of fruits and vegetables that we obtain from nature. Sugar certainly does creep into our lives so the question is, how much is acceptable? The World Health Organization suggests that sugar intake be less than 10% of your daily caloric intake to avoid the repercussions above. For an average person this is less than 49 grams of sugar. If a person is overweight, has health risk factors, disease or diabetes, it should be no more than 5%.
TRY ANOTHER NATURAL SWEETENER!
My favorite is chicory root. It gives our taste buds and our bodies a treat. Buy it here:
Body Spartan All AccessAccess to EVERY Body Spartan Program! 14-DAY FREE TRIAL
- Get full access to our all of our amazing programs
- Full, custom calculated nutrition
- 10 & 12 week programs
- Instructional videos
- Full workouts
- Triphase, polymorphic, and contest prep style training
- Body composition tracker