Need some additional zero carb recipes for the Body Spartan shredding diet? Look no further.
Start licking your chops because I’m literally throwing you some sweet love here. The shredding diet included in my book, Body Spartan: Genesis is 12 weeks of pure dedication. It takes a little brainstorming to come up with some good tasting foods but as always, I got you covered.
Here’s one for the breakfast lovers.
Use your worksheet to calculate the total calories per meal, then your total amount of protein needed, and finally the total amount of fat. I typically shoot for 60 grams of protein per meal and work backwards from there.
- Egg, whole – per egg
- 6 grams of protein
- 0 carbs
- 5 fat
- 71 calories
- Add a little salsa or Sriracha to spice it up (count your nutrition facts on this too though)
- Jones’ Uncured Canadian Bacon – 3 slices
- 11 grams of protein
- 1 gram of carbs
- 1.5 grams of fat
- 60 calories
- 1 tbsp of Martha Natha Almond Butter
- 1 grams of protein
- 10 gram of carbs
- 1 grams of fat
- 1 cup of steamed broccoli with lemon pepper
- Unlimited calories and carbs for green vegetables
I know it can be a little difficult working on new foods but with a little thought you will be able to accomplish it. It all boils down to taste, which usually comes from seasonings and sauces. Some things you might look into:
- Thai curry peanut sauce for chicken
- Waldorf salad (uses green apple slices in a chicken salad with an amazing dressing)
- Lettuce wrapped barbecued hamburgers with garlic salt, all spice, and lemon pepper. Top it with an egg over hard for an English-style burger.
Here’s a quick video on how to make a great-tasting, zero carb protein shake that meets the Body Spartan: Genesis shredding diet requirements
Send me your questions and comments on the shredding diet and I’ll make sure you get some advice!