If you’re sick and tired of eating chicken and need to liven up your bodybuilding recipes, this quick recipe should do the trick!
So you need bodybuilding recipes for cooking chicken, do you? Don’t worry, just about every fitness enthusiast or bodybuilder does. It’s high in protein, it’s cheap and it’s lean. There is virtually no fat in it and if you’re like us, then you eat a TON of it. Most of the time though, as bodybuilders, we end up meal prepping our foods on a weekend and make giant batches of it for the week. The typical meal prep will include rice and chicken and a few vegetables. Honestly though, how many BBQ’d chicken breasts can you actually eat in one day? What about chicken cooked on the stove top and seasoned with the standard Lawrey’s seasonings. See what I mean?
A quick change in your bodybuilding recipes for chicken has helped us tremendously. As a bodybuilder, you don’t have to suffer and eat food with no taste over and over again. It’s just gotta fit your macros. So with that being said, we’ve whipped together a quick 15-20 minute recipe that’s good for about 3 solid servings and tastes nothing like the regular chicken you cook.
Bodybuilding Recipes: Coconut Curry Chicken
First, head over to Costco and grab:
- a bag of the Kirkland boneless, skinless chicken tenders. About three of these will give you 50 grams of protein. They’re frozen, so keep em that way. We’ll show you in this bodybuilding recipe, how to defrost them super fast.
- A package of Maya Kaimal Coconut Curry. It comes in a two pack and is about $10.
- A package of Stonefire Tandoor baked mini Naan (AKA: Flatbread)
- Grab a large saucepan and fill it about 1/3 full with water. Drop 9 of those frozen chicken tenders in there. Cover and cook on high for about 5 minutes or until they are mostly defrosted.
- Drain the water and cut the chicken into small cubes as shown here. It’s OK if the chicken isn’t cooked through yet.
- Next, open one container of the coconut curry and poor it into the saucepan.
- Place the chicken back in the saucepan and stir.
- Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, per the instructions on the coconut curry package.
- Heat up two pieces of the Stonefire Tandoor Baked mini naan bread, which is roughly 50 grams of protein.
- When the chicken curry has cooked, take a third in a bowl and serve with the mini naan bread.
Alternately, you can cook up 3 servings of white or brown rice, depending on your macros and add that to the curry/chicken mixture when it’s done cooking. Now you can drop that into Tupperware containers for your meal prep!
Other bodybuilding recipes
If you need a bunch of bodybuilding recipes right now for your meal prep – since we all know if you’re reading this article, you’re probably tired of the bland chicken you’re eating – head over to our “Healthy Chicken Recipes in 30 minutes or Less” article.
Also, Body Spartan: Genesis, the eBook by Gabe Tuft has over 20 recipes to accompany the fat loss and shredding diet in the book. See below.
Here’s why you need to try our 12-week program:
- GUYS – build muscle and get shredded*
- GIRLS – get ridiculously toned and lean*
- FULL 12 week program instead of just 30 or 45 days
- Easy to follow workout plan
- Shredding diet written by a Master Sports Nutritionist
- Includes supplement guide & recipes.
- From beginners to advanced fitness enthusiasts
- All our secrets for staying lean & building muscle
- Downloads as 3 PDFs for a 100% digital experience!
- Workouts integrate with Gym Genius App
- BONUS: “Kick-off” motivational video ONLY available to customers