Enjoy our healthy chicken recipes that keep us enjoying each other instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Somehow life speeds up at our house every single evening. Between family wrestling sessions and dub step dance offs, we don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen creating healthy meals. That’s why I’m going to give you the tools you need to succeed at the Body Spartan diet and nutrition plan. Below are three of our favorite, healthy recipes for chicken dinners. As you may already know, chicken is one of the best sources for protein as it is an extremely lean meat with zero carbs. I’ve spiced it up for you with some awesome flavors and spices. Be sure to count the carbs if you are on the Body Spartan nutrition plan. One thing is for sure, these chicken recipes are low catb, healthy, and easy!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This quick and easy Asian recipe is ready in under half an hour. It is a light fit treat or hearty bodybuilder meal when served with wild rice or quinoa.
- 1 pound of chicken breast or thighs, cut in to bite size pieces
- ¼ c organic butter or grape seed oil
- 1 tsp of garlic powder or 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp natural salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fresh or dried basil (optional)
- 3T coconut aminos
- 3 T (or more to taste) organic maple syrup
- ½ c toasted cashews
- Sliced purple onions
- Butter lettuce leaves
- Add butter and chopped chicken into a wok or large pan and cover with garlic, salt, pepper, and basil.
- Saute over a medium heat until chicken is almost completely cooked through and is no longer pink.
- Add coconut aminos and stir until aminos starts to evaporate off.
- Add the maple syrup and continue to stir for several minutes or until there is very little liquid left in the pan.
- Add cashews and combine thoroughly.
- Cool slightly and serve inside lettuce leaves.
- Top with thinly sliced purple onions to kick up the taste even more.
Enjoy a gourmet Marsala chicken dinner with mushroom sauce in exactly one half-hour or less!
- 4 organic chopped Chicken Breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp every Himalayan pink Himalayan pink salt and pepper
- 4 T organic butter, Grape seed or coconut oil
- 1 package of button mushrooms
- ¼ C Marsala cooking wine or sherry
1. Soften oil/fat in a large sauteing pan covered with a lid. Cut chicken in 2 pieces horizontally and season with spices. Sauté the chicken on each side for several minutes until it begins to brown.
2. Set chicken aside and add diced mushrooms. Add the wine to the pan and stir with mushrooms for about 60 seconds to let alcohol cook off.
3. Add chicken back to the skillet. Cover with a lid and scale back heat to a simmer. Continue to simmer while covered, on a low heat for 10-15 minutes till chicken is fully cooked through.
4. Chicken is officially ready to be enjoyed. This is a great recipe for a summer salad dish or served over fresh steamed veggies.
Island Style Chicken
This healthy Caribbean chicken recipe makes chicken flavorful and unique. This is quick to prepare a meal ahead of time. It gives you some time to relax with the family while it marinates and bakes.
- 1 whole chicken, halved, chicken breasts or thighs.
- 1 lime
- 1 large purple onion
- 1 bunch fresh green onions
- ½ tsp real cinnamon
- 2 tsps dried or fresh thyme
- 1 t allspice
- 2 tsps black or white pepper
- 2 tsps Himalayan pink salt
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 T organic butter or Grape seed or coconut oil
- 2T butter or coconut oil
- 2 tsp spiced rum or apple cider vinegar (spiced rum is best and cooks off)
- 1 pound of fresh green zucchini
- 2 sour apples
- 1 red or green onion
- ¼ c coconut or grape seed oil
- Combine first 12 ingredients in the Vitamix or high speed blender for 10 seconds until fully pureed.
- Rub the juice of half a lime into the chicken. Next add the pureed ingredients into the chicken marinate overnight.
- Place chicken on a large roasting dish and place in oven at 375.
- Peel and dice remaining ingredients and toss in oil and salt. Add spices if desired.
- Place in oven or a large baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Cook both for one hour or until chicken is fully cooked. Check vegetables after 20 minutes or half an hour, remove if needed.
- Once fully cooked, let chicken cool for 10 minutes. My favorite method ( pictured) is serving this chicken and veggies cooled over a fresh green salad with mango slices and a plethora of seasonal veggies. Enjoy!